Calendar

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week of Sept 10-14

Monday

  • Warm Up: Denisty
  • Read Defining Density
  • Complete Concept map using reading
  • Summarizer: Discuss answers to the concept map

Sentence Stems: I observed the raisins _____

One similarity/difference between the 2 soda cans is _____

I believe the cans floated differently because ____

Density depends on _____ and _____

Tuesday

  • Warm Up: density column
  • Density Blocks Lab
  • Summarizer: Discuss lab results

Sentence Stems: One thing I know about density is _____

*****ATOMS******

Wednesday

  • Warm Up: Reg 4 pg 37 density tools
  • Mystery box activity
  • KWL chart on atoms
  • Powers of 10 Video…when can you not see with your eyes? What instruments magnify?
  • Homework: Calculating Density
  • Summarizer: Why is learning about the atom important to an 8th grader?

Sentence Stems: One thing I know about atoms is _____

To calculate density I _____

It is difficult to study atoms because _______

Thursday

  • Warm Up: Glue in Atomic Structure Unit Checklist
  • Create 4 page folded book foldable with the names of 8 atomic scientists
  • Review Game (board game, Frisbees)
  • Summarizer: Put a rope on the floor and have students represent matter. They will demonstrate how to make the “object” more/less/same dense.
  • Sentence Stems: One difference between the three states of matter is___

Friday

  • Warm Up: Reg 4 pg 33 (conclusions)
  • Common Assessment (safety, hypotheses, conclusions, observations, matter, density) may have to bump this to next week
  • Begin atomic theory research in small groups using computers
  • Summarizer: small groups report back to class about their findings

Sentence Stems: It is difficult to study atoms because ___

To study atoms scientists must ____

One thing I could have studied more was ____

No comments: