Calendar

Monday, September 3, 2012

Week of Sept 4-7

Tuesday (need: balances, shaving cream, pennies, petri dishes, laser disk)

  • Warm Up: Finding mass
  • Shaving cream lab day 1
  • Lesson 5 Worksheet (homework if not finished in class)
  • Summarizer: Review daily objective

Sentence Stems:

The correct way to use a balance is _________

To find the mass of the shaving cream I _______

Solids and gases are different/alike because ________

A hypothesis is _______

To make an observation you use ________

Wednesday

  • Warm Up: Collect Homework Lesson 5 worksheet
  • Matter Notes
  • Shaving cream lab day 2
  • Summarizer: Review daily objective and discuss lab results

Sentence Stems: I rejected/did not reject my hypothesis because _______

I observed ________

Matter is in its solid/liquid/gas phase when_______

Thursday

  • Warm Up: color pictures according to phase
  • Shaving cream lab day 3 – complete graphs and discuss conclusions.
  • Summarizer: Review daily objective and discuss lab results

Sentence Stems: My conclusion is ___________

******* DENSITY *****

Friday

  • Warm Up: Denisty
  • Read Defining Density
  • Complete Concept map using reading
  • Summarizer: Discuss answers to the concept map

Sentence Stems: I observed the raisins _____

One similarity/difference between the 2 soda cans is _____

I believe the cans floated differently because ____

Density depends on _____ and _____

No comments: